Our Saratoga Springs Project Goes Live in December
New York National Grid customers qualify.
Spots are going fast – sign up today!
Effective Date: August 17, 2020
2. This policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit subscriber.nelnetenergy.com (or any successor site) and/or your specific on-line account (if you have one), including all content, functionality and services offered (all collectively our “Website”), whether as a guest or a registered user, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your information.
- This policy applies to information that we collect:
- on our Website; and
- in email, and other electronic messages between you and us, or our Website.
- This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Nelnet Renewable Energy or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
B. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us NelnetEnergy@nelnet.com.
C. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
1. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your first or last name, date of birth, postal address, business or home physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online, offline or physically (your “personal information”); and/or
- about your login credentials used to access our Website, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; and/or
- about the services you receive from your electric utility or photovoltaic project manager(s) or operator(s) (collectively “your service providers”).
2. We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies such as LocalStorage and SessionStorage; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners or service or technical providers, your service providers’ DAS systems, and your service providers.
D. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
1. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, requesting information or our assistance, downloading information or material, or requesting services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or respond to correspondence from us.
- your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of transactions or activities you carry out through our Website.
- your search queries on our Website.
E. INFORMATION WE GATHER VIA AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES.
1. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to gather certain information about your equipment and devices, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
2. Much of the data we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain automatically collected information or associate it with your personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Collecting this information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
3. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (called “Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that may permit Nelnet Renewable Energy, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Browser Cookies and Flash Cookies, please see Section I “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” below.
2. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section I titled “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” below.
G. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or your service providers.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us.
- To provide you with notices about your service provider account(s) or Website account, including billing, payment, expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or services offered by your service provider and managed though our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow us or our third party providers (such as Bugsnag) to debug data and systems.
- To allow us to compile, collect, and use anonymous and aggregate data generated from or based on your information, your use of our Website, or your use of your service providers’ services, for analytical and other business purposes.
- If you have difficulties getting our Website to work as desired, to assist us and you in helping to identify the root cause of your problem.
- In any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information to us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
H. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may disclose anonymous and aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to your service providers;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business;
- to a potential buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Nelnet Renewable Energy’s assets which occurs for any reason, in which your personal information held by our Website users might be among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information to us;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us; and
- with your consent.
3. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requirement;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nelnet Renewable Energy, our customers, your service providers or others.
I. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies – Do Not Track Disclosure. Nelnet Renewable Energy does not track its customers across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, some browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on the browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
- Browser Cookies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some Browser Cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash Cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. You can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using. As of the date of this policy, the following pages provide information for frequently used browsers:
– Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
– Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
– Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
– Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Promotional Offers from Nelnet Renewable Energy. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by Nelnet Renewable Energy to promote our products or services, you may opt-out by contacting us at NelnetEnergy@nelnet.com. If we have sent you an unwanted promotional email, you may unsubscribe from Nelnet Renewable Energy marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the promotional email. By unsubscribing from the Nelnet Renewable Energy marketing list, you are not unsubscribing from receiving promotional emails from Nelnet’s other subsidiaries. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to or by Nelnet Renewable Energy as a result of Nelnet Renewable Energy providing this Website, assisting your service providers or facilitating transactions.
J. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
1. You may review and change your personal information at any time. Most of your information is visible, and editable, by you through the Website, but if you are unable to do so, contact us at subscriber.nelnetenergy.com.
2. You may also send us an email at NelnetEnergy@nelnet.com, asking to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your Website user account. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
K. ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to NelnetEnergy@nelnet.com.
L. DATA SECURITY
1. We have implemented measures designed to help us keep your personal information secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or via email. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
2. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
N. CONTACT INFORMATION